Monday, April 10, 2006

I pity you brave anti-illegal alien journalist

I have the highest pity for people who write on the immigration debate, day in and day out. Let me rephrase that. I have the highest pity for those who are not trying to fuse Mexico and these united states together who write on the illegal aliens issue day in and day out. I hold such pity for a very simple reason. The issue is settled, and when an issue is settled and one must still continue to create new and exciting perspectives on a settled issue a mental fatigue can only be a side effect.Unlike those Ivory towered journalists and political power players, I don't feel the need to pander to any base and never have to worry about 'the emerging Hispanic' vote. I don't need to analyze every thought on immigration to come up with a fact here of there in those vast volumes of material to support my pre ordained position. I can see the forest and the trees, and they're telling me the forest is on fire.

These are inconvenient facts for those who deny reality.

1. The American people don't want a guest worker program (politicians are a different sort, but the people don't want a guest worker program. Not that our politicians care what we say anyhow, "we live in an interdependent global economy" and other such mish-mash. I refer you to every poll taken, ever)

2. Illegal Aliens don't improve the economy. They take more out in social services than they add. I refer you to any non-politically motivated study.

3. Illegal aliens don't want to become Americans. I refer you to the protests in the street with far too many Mexican flags.

4. Illegal aliens commit crimes. I refer you to the proportion of illegal aliens in our jails right now.

5. Illegal aliens bring sickness and disease into the country. I refer you to the fact that they are not screened while walking over the border.

6. The border is wide open. Everyone knows that is crazy, especially when you are fighting a war on terrorism (or so they say. If I were the leader of a country fighting a war, what would be the first thing I would do? That's right. Close the border down. )

7. Illegal aliens smell. Whether it is sweat or cheap perfume and cologne, as a rule illegal aliens smell.

8. Illegals invest the money they earn here in Mexico, not these united states. I refer you to one of the largest portions of Mexico's economy, (American money)

9. Do you really need any more proof? No, but if you disagree, it is your resistance to seeing the nose on your face, or that your wife sneaks out of bed every morning at 2:00 for about two hours so she can go to bible study.

10. If you disagree with this settled argument, you have an agenda.

11. It's settled.As a general practice, I don't like to think of arguments as settled. But this one is settled. I can't deny it, even if it does fit in with my agenda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home